Saturday, June 20, 2009

Ugliest. Cake. Ever.

I made a small carrot cake for Ed for Father's Day this weekend.  I set the cake out to cool before Ed and I were heading out for a walk.  I said I wanted to wait a few minutes for the cake to cool then turn it out onto a rack before we left for our walk.  Ed was anxious to get going, so while I turned my back, he went ahead and dumped it out, but because it was so hot, only half came out with the rest sticking to the pan.  So I ended up having to scoop the rest out and try to piece it back together, which was pretty much impossible.  So when it came time to frost it (LOVE that cream cheese frosting!), of course it was all in pieces and didn't frost too well.  Good thing it didn't taste as bad as it looked - it still tasted wonderful!

Love and joy to all the Fathers out there - thanks for all that you do for your families!

No comments: